Yale students living in a variety of cities throughout the summer will have the opportunity to connect with their peers and Yale alum.
The Yale Summer Events in Washington, DC, San Francisco, and New York include on-the-ground student directors to host a plethora of career-related, cultural, political, and social events to help students connect with each other and alumni, and to learn more about their communities. Yale students living in Washington, DC, San Francisco, or New York this summer will have the opportunity to network with representatives from a variety of industries and meet with Yale Alum. These events include: panels on careers in a number of industries, conversations with renowned individuals from around the world, trips to shows, museums, concerts, potluck picnics, charity events, and socials. Past events include:
- Private Tours of the West Wing (DC, 2014)
- Dinner with Tom Friedman at the NY Times Washington Bureau (DC, 2014)
- Q & A with Justice Elena Kagan and Tour of the Supreme Court (DC, 2014)
- Yalies in the White House Panel Discussion (DC, 2014)
- Guided Tour of the United Nations (NY, 2014)
- Conversation about business, politics, and public relations with Goldman Sachs (NY, 2014)
- Tour of Christie's New York (NY, 2014)
- Discussion with Andy Sandberg, Tony Award Winning producer of HAIR (NY, 2014)
- “Let’s Talk Start-Ups” discussion panel with Yale Alum (SF, 2014)
- Dinner with Dr. Howard Jaffe, President of the Gilead Foundation (SF, 2014)
- Non-Profits Mixer (SF, 2014)
- Alamere Falls Hike with Yale Club of San Francisco (SF, 2014)
The Office of Career Strategy sponsors Yale Summer Events in over 25 cities worldwide. Learn about Yale Summer Events in domestic cities and international cities.
Yale College and Graduate School of Arts and Science students can sign up to receive notification of events by logging into Symplicity. Click on the ‘Events’ tab, scroll down to the city of your choice, and then click on RSVP. Additionally, there are Facebook groups for each city for students to join:
- Washington, DC – “Yale Summer Events in Washington, DC 2015”
- San Francisco – “Yale at San Francisco Summer Events 2015”
- New York – “Yale-in-New York”
Legal notice: There will be alcohol at some Yale Summer Events. For those under 21 who attend events open to all ages where alcohol is served, such as happy hours and barbeques, you are reminded that the U.S. law forbids anyone under 21 from consuming alcohol. Students in attendance at these events acknowledge that Yale University is not responsible for, and will be held harmless against, any injury, loss, or other damage arising from or related in any manner to a student who does not abide by this law.