Gather information about the many different types of consulting careers open to PhDs by starting with these resources:
- Versatile PhD Career Finder: Consulting
- ImaginePhD: Consulting
- Firsthand (previously Vault) Consulting Guides
- The Science Careers guide to consulting careers for Ph.D. scientists
- Is Consulting Right for You? – The Muse
- Historians as Consultants and Contractors (American Historical Association)
- Why Getting (or Hiring) a PhD in the Humanities Can be the Best Business Move You Ever Make
- Should you set out on your own as an independent consultant?
Read about a few of the many PhDs who have successfully pursued careers in consulting:
- Yale GSAS alum Sarah LeBaron von Baeyer, PhD in Anthropology, works as Consultant for ReD Associates
- Yale GSAS alum Stacey Hero, PhD ’10, Biomedical Engineering, works as a Strategy Consultant for L.E.K. Consulting
- PhD in English hired as Higher Ed Consultant – Versatile PhD
- Conversation with Dr. Bob Irvine, historian and consultant for PARC Resources – Filibustering History Podcast
- Finding a future in Management Consulting
Explore ways to gain relevant experience in consulting:
- Join the Yale Graduate Student Consulting Club and take advantage of other business-related programming and resources at Yale
- Apply for a summer internship for advanced degree candidates.
- Try a business exercise on InsideSherpa or InterSECT Job Simulations.
- Work on a practice consulting case.