The following steps will help you successfully navigate the virtual networking events organized by the Office of Career Strategy.
- Log into your Yale Career Link account before the virtual networking event and upload the most recent version of your resume to the event and check that your “Chat Profile” is current. Please note, Internet Explorer is not compatible.
- Make sure you have two browser windows open side by side – one for a video meeting and another one for Yale Career Link
- Before the event, you can mark your favorite employers by clicking on the “Interested” star icon. These employers will display at the top of your list.
- Make sure you click the “Attend” button so that you can join chats.
- When joining an employer chat, instead of downloading Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc., select the option to join the meeting online and it will be faster to join.
- As long as you are in a queue, remain in the virtual networking event so you do not miss any employer chat requests.
- After each video chat you complete, you can scroll down to the Notes field and enter key information prior to moving on to your next chat. Only you can view this section.
For details on these virtual networking events, including the organizations attending, refer to Career Fairs under the Events tab in Yale Career Link. To take a quick tour of what to expect during one of these events refer to the Quick Tour of Virtual Networking Events Video included with the event details and in the Career Library under the Resources tab in Yale Career Link.