Are you a current student athlete at Yale who is not sure how to approach the job search process? Do you want to find out what other student athletes have done after graduation? Interested in utilizing the Yale Alumni Network?
Below are some important resources that answer these questions and more:
- Take 2 minutes and Customize your OCS Newsletter. Select affinity/identity groups, career communities or graduate school options that you are interested in learning about. This will allow you to get targeted alerts every Monday morning from Yale’s Office of Career Strategy.
- Review the Student Athletes page which has everything from how to make an appointment in Yale Career Link to Athlete Resume Samples, Athlete Cover Letter Samples and much more!
- Read this step by step blog on The 4 Steps to the Job Search Process
- Watch this Job Search Video (only 3.5 minutes)
- Look at the OCS Peer Networking Lists in Yale Career Link which will allow you to see where Yalies worked during their summers and after graduation.
- You can also specifically find Yale Student Athlete Alumni by logging into Cross Campus and going to Find Other Yalies” – More Filters – Extracurriculars – Athletics – Varsity (1,000 listed!).
- As you find Yale Alumni, be sure to look at our Networking Page which includes details about the Informational Interview and Sample Emails requesting an informational interview.
If you have questions or want to explore any of the above, come meet with someone from OCS!