If you have not created a LinkedIn profile yet or you have a profile but have not looked at it lately, this is a good time to make sure you are getting the most out of the site.
- Building Your LinkedIn Profile – this page includes everything from what to do with your headline, how to create a sample summary, and how to incorporate your resume right into LinkedIn.
- How to find Yale alums in LinkedIn – take the 5 minutes to do this and you will be amazed with the search! Once you are logged into LinkedIn, search for Yale University (be sure to select the one with the official Y logo); then once you are on the Yale University LinkedIn page, select Alumni. This will pull up anyone who has entered Yale in the Education section of their LinkedIn profile. There are over 120, 000 entries. You can search by company name, location, occupation, skills and much more.
- LinkedIn Jobs – utilize the jobs board within LinkedIn. Make sure to set up job alerts based on any of your areas of interest.
- Company Search – Trying to build your Target List? If you have one company that you are interested in, enter that company in the LinkedIn search. Once that company page comes up, look at the lower right hand corner for Pages people also viewed.
- LinkedIn Learning – LinkedIn Learning is an online education platform aimed particularly at professional development. Courses cover a wide array of technical topics but also leadership, teamwork, project management, and other professional skills relevant to all career areas. These courses are useful both for developing skills and for learning more about terms and topics relevant in the world of business and other non-academic career paths. Yale students have free access to all LinkedIn Learning courses – see the instructions from Yale Library to get access.