The Dream Teacher Project is an education startup committed to supporting and retaining BIPOC teachers across the country while equipping them with the financial literacy skills to build intergenerational wealth for themselves, families, and communities. Candidates who are interested in gaining experience in the development and expansion of an education startup committed to racial justice are strongly encouraged to apply to the position.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Spearheading and expanding the organization’s social media presence and other marketing efforts.
- Supporting the organization’s training sessions related to culturally responsive, anti-racist teacher and financial literacy development.
- Summarizing and analyzing teacher feedback given on training and services; contributing to the refinement of the organization’s training and services.
- Supporting other operational tasks as needed (e.g. drafting bi-monthly newsletters).
- Interviewing K-12 public school BIPOC teachers in targeted school districts to learn about the support they need to remain in the teaching profession long-term.
- Conducting custom research and literature reviews for individual teachers who have specific pedagogical or curriculum needs.
- Attending and contributing to weekly team meetings.
Interns will work under the supervision of Israel and Sunem Tovar, the co-founders of the organization. This is an unpaid internship. After applying for the position, candidates will be expected to secure summer internship funding via Yale SEA and residential college sources. BIPOC and first-generation college students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualifications: 1) Excellent writing and research skills; 2) Strong oral communication skills; 3) A strong commitment to advancing education and economic justice in marginalized communities; 4) Superior collaboration skills; 5) Experience in the following: social media; visual presentation (e.g. PowerPoint); survey design.
Hours: 30/hours per week for 8 weeks, the majority of which can be organized individually by the intern. Start and end dates are flexible. This is a remote position and all meetings will be held via Zoom.
Interested candidates, please send an email of interest with an attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th.