Meet with Advisors
Advisors in the Office of Career Strategy are here (remotely!) to meet with you (via Zoom!) no matter what step you’re at in your summer internship or post-graduate job search process. To sign up for an appointment, please login to the Yale Career Link, select the “Advising Appointment” tab and choose the appointment type/time that works best for you.
And just in case you didn’t see this…
According to the Class of 2020 First-Destination report, almost two-thirds (63.4%) of respondents secured their full-time position in spring of senior year or later. For the Summer 2020 Activities Survey, nearly two-thirds of all Yale College students secured their summer employment during the spring semester immediately prior to the summer experience.
Top Career Resources
- Job Boards & Job/Internship-Related Events:
- Yale Career Link; CareerShift; Career Insider (Vault); LinkedIn
- Links via the Create a Unique Experience OCS webpage (includes remote work job boards and steps for making meaningful connections with Yale alums)
- Check out Employer Events & Career Fairs/Networking Events on the Office of Career Strategy Calendar
- Connecting with Yale Alumni and Organizations of Interest:
- Networking Email Samples: Reaching out to Alumni to Check on Internship Status
- Cold Email Samples: Reaching out to Contacts/Companies in your Hometown.
- If you are eligible for the Summer Experience Award (see below), consider reaching out directly to eligible internships/employers using these sample outreach emails.
- 2020 Summer and 2020 Class Peer Lists: Connect with thousands of current Yale students and recent graduates that have volunteered to talk about their experiences. Prior Lists are also available.
- Resume & Cover Letter: Downloadable resume templates and cover letter templates are available to help you get started. Once you have a draft ready, consider submitting it to email@example.com for feedback.
Summer Funding Options
- Summer Experience Award (formerly the DSA): The Summer Experience Award (formerly the DSA) provides a stipend for a range of summer opportunities to Yale College first-years, sophomores, and juniors on Yale Financial Aid.