Interested in working for, or exploring, the government sector? Check out these upcoming opportunities and key resources:
- U.S. Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is recruiting qualified U.S. citizen candidates to fill Junior Professional Officer positions.
- Congressman John Larson (CT-01) is seeking a Staff Assistant for their Washington, D.C. office. Submit a resume, cover letter, one writing sample, and two references to ct01SA@mail.house.gov with “CT-01 Staff Assistant” in the subject line. Send all materials as a single PDF.
- The Campaign Office for Congresswoman DeLauro (CT-03) is seeking interns for the year 2021. Duties include social media assistance, donor research, political updates from the 25 towns in the district, voter outreach, and field research. This is an unpaid internship, however, they are seeking to hire someone part-time for 2022, and interns would be at the top of the list for consideration. This job will be entirely remote until further notice. Contact campaign manager Sarah Locke at email@example.com with inquiries and resumes.
- Latinx44 Scholarship Program is now accepting applications for summer 2021. This program will award several scholarships to Latinx students to help fund a public service oriented internship in Washington, DC.
- The Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) offers a variety of civilian career paths for graduates in many fields. Visit their career page to find these opportunities.
- Summer Diplomatic Academy, Students can apply for $1,000 partial scholarships toward the tuition fee. Please click here for more details. Application deadline: April 15
- CIA Student Programs
- Foreign Service Officer: Test Information and Selection Process
- Senate Employment Bulletin
- U.S. House of Representatives Employment Bulletin, Subscribe
~Common Good & Creative Careers, Yale’s Office of Career Strategy