Employers may consider converting interns to remote work, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below are guidelines from OCS that can help make a remote experience as valuable as possible:
- Consider creating a work plan or learning plan with your supervisor at the start of the internship.
- Students should have regular check-ins and should correspond directly with the supervisor at least twice a week by phone, email, or other methods.
- Students working remotely should have clear instructions and deadlines set by their supervisor throughout their internship.
- Remote interns should have regular feedback and supervision on their assigned projects.
- Finally, remote interns should keep a log of their projects that can be submitted to their supervisor on a weekly basis to track their progress.
If you have specific questions on how you may convert your opportunity to a remote working situation, consider making an appointment with an OCS advisor through Yale Career Link or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All appointments are EST.
❗ Search for remote positions in Yale Career Link! From your homepage, go to Jobs –> Search on the left. From there, select More Filters and click ‘Yes’ under Remote Position.