Deadlines for the following GSAS Professional Experience (GPE) Fellowship positions have been extended until Sunday, July 4 at 11:59pm. The details and link to apply via the Yale Career Link for each position are available in the associated links (Fellowship name – Host office). Read about each fellowship below in the embedded links and apply for positions by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
- Transportation Data Fellow – Yale Office of Sustainability
- Student Programs Fellow – Yale Peabody Museum
- International Strategic Initiatives Fellow – Yale Office of International Affairs
- International Strategy Fellow – Yale Office of International Affairs
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative Fellow – Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)
- Oral History Fellow – Yale School of Architecture
- Editorial Fellow – Yale Alumni Magazine
The GPE Fellowship is an exciting new initiative by the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences that offers Ph.D. students the opportunity to work on meaningful projects in administrative offices across the university. This program is designed to expand opportunities for doctoral students to strengthen their professional skill set and broaden their career exposure by working with experienced administrators outside of their academic programs.
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2021 Fall Term
- Stipend: Fellows will receive $1,500 for Fall 2021 fellowships.
- International students should consult with your OISS advisor to confirm eligibility.
- Students may apply to more than one fellowship position but can only accept one position. Required application documents are (1) a resume (not an academic CV) and (2) a personalized cover letter.
Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.
- May 14, 2021: Applications open on Yale Career Link (Resume and Cover Letter required)
- May 24, 2021 – June 11, 2021: Weekly GPE Info Sessions
- July 4, 2021: Extended applications deadline (11:59pm ET)
- August 6, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows
- August 16, 2021 – August 27, 2021: New fellows on-boarding
- August 30, 2021: Suggested fellowship start date
Hear From Past GPE Mentors & Fellows
Five pairs of Spring 2021 GPE fellows and their host offices took a moment to reflect their experiences in a recent info session:
- Center for Biomedical Innovation and Technology
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
- Yale Women Faculty Forum
- Yale Carbon Containment Lab
- Yale Office of Career Strategy