Founded in 1979, Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY) is a nonprofit dedicated to identifying and developing the talents of academically advanced K-12 students around the world. We are actively hiring Virtual Student Support Monitors and Program Assistants for Fall 2021 sessions. These roles are 100% telework and are perfect seasonal job opportunities for active students and transitioning alumni. We are looking to hire about 50 individuals for these roles.
*Student Support Monitor:
- Provide supervision of CTY students in grades 2-12 in session-based CTY Online courses (LIVE and PBL) who are using the Microsoft Office 365 Teams platform to interact virtually on an ad hoc basis outside scheduled class times using the “Meet Now” feature of the platform. Student Support Monitors help ensure that students follow CTY’s expectations for students conduct; they address student behavior that is unsafe, disruptive or otherwise inappropriate or unacceptable following CTY protocols. They respond to student safety emergencies (e.g. student appears to be in imminent danger to self or others) and document incidents and concerns according to CTY protocols.
* Program Assistant:
- PAs plan and lead activity periods daily. Responsible for leading hour-long activity periods in a digital space (Zoom). Sample activities include arts and crafts, trivia, speed friending, appreciation events, games, yoga, and dance. Although certain duties are typical, tasks and responsibilities can and do change according to each day’s needs and may vary slightly.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- At least 2 semesters (including summer terms) working with children.
- Experience using online educational tools such as Zoom, Teams, Office 365.
- Next session (Fall) begins in September 2021 and ends in December 2021. No activities will take place Thanksgiving week.
- Student Support Monitor:
- 8-10 hours weekly
- Seeking candidates to cover late-night, over-night, early-morning, daytime, or evening shifts. CTY will be offering virtual spaces for students to schedule ad hoc gatherings. CTY students are located all over the globe. Due to time differences, rooms and forums will require 24/7 monitoring.
- Program Assistant:
- Hours will vary.
- Monday – Thursday
- Start times: 7am and 7pm. All times are EST.
- Program Assistant: $11.75 – $16.12 per hour
- Student Support Monitor: $15.00 per hour
How Interested Candidates Can Connect
- To express interest directly, please click: https://centerfortalentedyouth.formstack.com/forms/supportroles
- The position is also posted on Handshake
Thank you in advance for sharing this opportunity with your students and alumni. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
Brandon Garrel, MBA | Talent Sourcing Consultant
Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth (CTY)
Human Resourced Dept.
The Office of Career Strategy posts job listings for the convenience of students. The University does not endorse or recommend employers and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private, off-campus employment and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization to which they are applying. Students should be prudent and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position. All concerns and issues related to job and/or internship opportunities, including those posted within the Yale Career Link, should be addressed promptly via email to the Office of Career Strategy.