Meet with Advisors
Advisors in the Office of Career Strategy are here to work with you no matter which step you’re at in your summer internship or post-graduate job search process. To sign up for an appointment, please login to the Yale Career Link, select the “Advising Appointment” tab and choose the appointment type/time that works best for you.
And just in case you didn’t see this…
According to the Class of 2020 First-Destination report, almost two-thirds (63.4%) of respondents secured their full-time position in spring of senior year or later. For the Summer 2020 Activities Survey, nearly two-thirds of all Yale College students secured their summer employment during the spring semester immediately prior to the summer experience.
Top Career Resources
- Job Boards & Job/Internship-Related Events:
- Yale Career Link; CareerShift; Firsthand (previously Vault); LinkedIn
- Links via the Create a Unique Experience OCS webpage (includes remote work job boards and steps for making meaningful connections with Yale alums)
- Check out Employer Events & Career Fairs/Networking Events on the Office of Career Strategy Calendar
- Connecting with Yale Alumni and Organizations of Interest:
- Networking Email Samples: Reaching out to Alumni to Check on Internship Status
- Cold Email Samples: Reaching out to Contacts/Companies in your Hometown.
- If you are eligible for the Summer Experience Award (see below), consider reaching out directly to eligible internships/employers using these sample outreach emails.
- Summer and Class Peer Lists: Connect with thousands of current Yale students and recent graduates that have volunteered to talk about their experiences. Prior Lists are also available.
- Resume & Cover Letter: Downloadable resume templates and cover letter templates are available to help you get started. Once you have a draft ready, consider submitting it to email@example.com for feedback.
Summer Funding Options
- Summer Experience Award: Provides a stipend for a range of summer opportunities to Yale College first-years, sophomores, and juniors on Yale Financial Aid.