The Danaher Case Competition hosted by Johns Hopkins Carey Business School is officially open for applications! Access the application form and all competition details on the event website.
Key competition information:
- The deadline to apply is Tuesday, October 5, 2021, and the event date is Saturday, November 6, 2021. The competition will be fully virtual, utilizing the Zoom platform.
- Danaher Diagnostics is a global science and technology innovator committed to improving the quality of life around the world. For more information visit their website: https://www.danaher.com/
- Case Competition Theme: This competition will focus on the rapid growth of at-home and near-home lab testing and issues relating to effectiveness, efficiency, and inequities to access that have been exposed during the COVID pandemic. Competition participants will propose a compelling business model where routine lab tests are performed at or close to home and include digital tools to connect providers to patients, methods to send test results directly to a patient’s health ecosystem, and an evaluation of the impact the model has on under-served populations.
- Requirements, rules, and clarifications: Teams of 3-5 students are permitted with at least one MBA candidate. After the application deadline and committee review, 9 teams will be invited to compete on November 6, 2021. Each team must confirm their participation by completing registration that will include a fee of $50.
- At the competition, 10 teams will compete for the prizes below:
- First place: $7,250
- Second Place: $4,250
- Third Place: $2,500
- Participants will have the opportunity to network with other students across multiple b-schools and the Danaher judges during a post-event social hour.