Deadlines for the following 2022 Spring GSAS Professional Experience (GPE) Fellowship positions have been extended until Sunday, October 17 at 11:59pm. The details and link to apply via the Yale Career Link for each position are available in the associated links (Fellowship name – Host office). Read about each fellowship below in the embedded links and apply for positions by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Spring 2022 GPE Open Positions (Deadline October 17, 2021)
The details and link to apply in Career Link for each position are available in the associated links (Fellowship name – Host office):
- GSAS Communications Fellow – Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- History Keepers Program Fellow – Afro-American Cultural Center at Yale (“The House”)
- Faculty Research Management Fellow – Faculty Research Management Services
- Social Media Fellow – Yale Peabody Museum
- Editorial Fellow – Yale Alumni Magazine
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Fellow – Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Yale School of Medicine
- University Community Engagement Fellow – Dwight Hall at Yale
- Community Engagement Classification Fellow – Dwight Hall at Yale
- Yale Prison Education Initiative Fellow – Yale Prison Education Initiative (YPEI) at Dwight Hall
- Geospatial Data Analysis Fellow – Yale Carbon Containment Lab
- Communications Fellow – The Yale Review
- Archive Fellow – Yale Film Review
- International Strategic Initiatives Fellow – Yale Office of International Affairs
- International Communications Fellow – Yale Office of International Affairs
- Communications Fellow – Jackson Institute for Global Affairs
- Outreach Fellow – Yale Dean’s Office of Gender & Campus Culture
Hear From Past GPE Mentors & Fellows
Five pairs of our GPE fellows and their host mentors took a moment to reflect on their experiences in a recent info session:
- Center for Biomedical Innovation and Technology
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
- Yale Women Faculty Forum
- Yale Carbon Containment Lab
- Yale Office of Career Strategy
GPE Fellow Spotlight
Visit our GPE Fellow Spotlight Page and take a closer look at the project they worked on, the challenges they confronted, how they overcame those challenges and the professional skills they acquired.
- October 17, 2021: Applications deadline (11:59pm ET)
- October 17 – November 19, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows
- December 13, 2021 – January 14, 2022: New fellows onboarding
- January 18, 2022: Suggested fellowship start date
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2022 Spring term.
- Stipend: Fellows receive $1,500 for 2022 Spring Term fellowships.
- International students should consult with your OISS advisor to confirm eligibility.
- Students may apply to more than one fellowship position but can only accept one position. Required application documents are (1) a resume (not an academic CV) and (2) a personalized cover letter.
Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.