Deadlines for the following 2022 Spring GSAS Professional Experience (GPE) Fellowship positions have been extended until Sunday, November 14 at 11:59pm. The details and link to apply via the Yale Career Link for each position are available in the associated links (Fellowship name – Host office). Read about each fellowship below in the embedded links and apply for positions by clicking the “Apply Now” button.
Spring 2022 GPE Open Positions (Deadline November 14, 2021)
The details and link to apply in Career Link for each position are available in the associated links (Fellowship name – Host office):
- Gender and Public Policy Fellow – Council on Latin American and Iberian Studies (CLAIS)
- Editorial Fellow – Yale Alumni Magazine
- Community Engagement Classification Fellow – Dwight Hall at Yale
- Communications Fellow – The Yale Review
- International Strategic Initiatives Fellow – Yale Office of International Affairs
- International Communications Fellow – Yale Office of International Affairs
- Communications Fellow – Jackson Institute for Global Affairs
- Outreach Fellow – Yale Dean’s Office of Gender & Campus Culture
If you experience trouble submitting your application through Yale Career Link, please directly send your application (resume and cover letter) to us at Shi Shen and Zenan Wang
Hear From Past GPE Mentors & Fellows
Five pairs of our GPE fellows and their host mentors took a moment to reflect on their experiences in a recent info session:
- Center for Biomedical Innovation and Technology
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History
- Yale Women Faculty Forum
- Yale Carbon Containment Lab
- Yale Office of Career Strategy
GPE Fellow Spotlight
Visit our GPE Fellow Spotlight Page and take a closer look at the project they worked on, the challenges they confronted, how they overcame those challenges and the professional skills they acquired.
- November 14, 2021: Applications deadline (11:59pm ET);
- November 14 – December 17, 2021: Interview and award notification to selected fellows;
- January 3 – January 14, 2022: New fellows onboarding;
- January 18, 2022: Suggested fellowship start date.
- Eligibility: Fellows must be currently matriculated, Yale doctoral students in years 1-6* of their studies during the fellowship.
- Term: Fellows work at a Yale host organization under the guidance of the host mentor for 5-7 hours per week over the course of 13-15 weeks during the 2022 Spring term.
- Stipend: Fellows receive $1,500 for 2022 Spring Term fellowships.
- International students should consult with your OISS advisor to confirm eligibility.
- Students may apply to more than one fellowship position but can only accept one position. Required application documents are (1) a resume (not an academic CV) and (2) a personalized cover letter.
Please note: The GPE Fellowship does not count towards the fulfillment of your teaching requirement. For more information on teaching requirements, please see the GSAS website.
* 7th-year students with COVID-related funding extensions from GSAS are eligible to apply.
Contact McDougal Fellow Zenan Wang or Shi Shen with any questions about eligibility, the application, or fellowship terms.