For anyone who is looking for internships and full time jobs in a Common Good Career (nonprofit, government, policy, education), it is important to understand that one will likely need to familiarize themselves with a variety of job boards. The opportunities from these industries can be found in many different job portals.
Tips for using job boards:
- Always create job/email alerts so that you don’t need to check multiple portals every day. Set them up with your search parameters and set up multiple alerts on the same job board if helpful
- Start to familiarize yourself with keywords to help narrow your search down
- Look at entry level positions
- Specify geographic locations
- Consider what your desired role (i.e. job function) is
Below are some of our favorite job boards: