**Immediate need – ready to hire the right candidate for “off-cycle” immediate start. Current final-year students interested in “on-cycle” June/July 2023 entry also welcome to apply**
**To apply – please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com **
We are seeking a motivated individual interested in joining a team that is transforming healthcare through novel applications of technology to neurological diseases. We are looking for a self-starter with an interest in technology, writing, patient interaction, and healthcare/clinical trial management. Successful applicants will demonstrate adaptability, a diverse skill set, and an aptitude for independent and team endeavors alike. This position is ideal for candidates looking for a ~2 year clinical research experience before entering graduate or professional school (MD, PhD, DDS, MBA, etc). This position includes clinic and office responsibilities and requires the candidate to be in Rochester, NY or willing to relocate to Rochester, NY.
Position responsibilities may include:
- Conduct in-clinic technology-related research visits (using smartphone apps and wearable sensors) and form meaningful relationships with participants. Studies and projects include: www.urudallcenter.org ; www.watchpdstudy.org
- Perform virtual visits and assessments with participants nationwide to accelerate clinical trials and help transform research methods. Studies and projects include: www.urudallcenter.org ; www.athomepd.org
- Draft research protocols, coordinate recruitment, enrollment, and evaluation of participants
- Draft and edit manuscripts, becoming a published author in leading peer-reviewed journals (our work has been published in journals including Nature, JAMA, NEJM, and Cell)
- Present abstracts at national and international research conferences
Position benefits include:
- Gain exposure to patients in clinical settings and through support networks
- Develop close relationships with the participants for whom you coordinate care
- Help transform how care is delivered to patients with chronic conditions
- Collaborate with leaders from academic institutions, biotechnology companies, and nonprofit organizations
- Work closely with national leaders in Parkinson and Huntington disease care and research
- Flexible, hybrid work schedule
Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of research, clinical care, coordination, and/or technology experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two-year commitment preferred. Immediate start date (but applications for June/July 2023 also accepted for those currently in their final year of school). The University of Rochester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Office of Career Strategy posts job listings for the convenience of students. The University does not endorse or recommend employers and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private, off-campus employment and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization to which they are applying. Students should be prudent and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position. All concerns and issues related to job and/or internship opportunities, including those posted within the Yale Career Link, should be addressed promptly via email to the Office of Career Strategy.