Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) is a term you may have heard of, and if not, you will soon.
- ATS is software that enables the initial screening of resumes to be completed by the software before moving to a human reviewer.
- According to hiring data, 98.8% of Fortune 500 Companies use ATS, 66% of other large companies, and 35% of small companies (with fewer than 100 employees).
- Even the federal government and many non-profits use ATS as it is an efficient and cost-effective way to screen large numbers of resumes.
Through the Big Interview AI Resume Review, students can upload their draft resume and a job description and receive an ATS review, feedback, and suggestions!
In addition, Big Interview also allows students to run interactive mock interviews and receive instant feedback.
If you are new to writing a resume, we suggest you first check out tips and downloadable templates on the OCS website which were created to work with ATS. As always, OCS advisors are here to help at every step of your search, so make an appointment.
Accessing Big Interview:
- Log in through your Yale Career Link Account, choose Resources from the top, and scroll to “My Shortcuts,” and choose Big Interview.
- Update Profile: On your first login answer a few questions for a personalized experience.
- AI Resume Review:
- From the top toolbar, choose My Resumes
- If you are just starting, choose Resume Templates for Yale-specific templates
- If you are ready to scan a resume, choose Scan Resume from the dropdown
- Do not choose “Join a Profile” Button, instead select the second tab, labeled From Your Organization, and choose your desired Resume Profile
- Click View on the right and follow the prompts to scan your resume
- Each user has up to 5 scans daily, which resets at midnight (EST)
- Practice Mock Interviews:
- From the top toolbar, choose Practice
- Choose the type of mock interview you would like to use
- NOTE: Most users opt for the Practice Interview option, which walks you through how to start a new mock interview, but we encourage you to try out all the options