RISE Summer Academy application is now open!
Deadline to apply: April 7, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.
Applications are beginning to come in and there are only 20 spots to fill – apply now!
The Summer Academy is intended for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AIAN) who are preparing for the medical school application process.
-To view application requirements, click here.
–Download the RISE Summer Academy flyer and visit the website for more information and to apply.
-For questions about the Summer Academy, please contact email@example.com
-Register for the virtual RISE Summer Academy Info Session and Q&A on March 3rd
Benefits of the RISE Summer Academy:
- Cost to attend: FREE
- Coursework including the Kaplan MCAT Prep course and Science Enhancements are covered by the program
- Travel to/from the WSU Health Sciences campus in Spokane
- Room and board during in-person days of the program
- Access to and exposure with medical school faculty, leadership, and students
- Development of Native Cultural identity in medicine and network of Native Physicians
- Coursework and exposure to become a more competitive applicant to medical school
- Direct access to medical school admissions deans and faculty with individual feedback on personal statements and mock interviews
There will also be an American Indian Alaska Native (AIAN) Medical School Applicant Workshop on Saturday, April 22, 2023 at OHSU in Portland, OR. More information and application can be found here.