We are seeking a talented research data scientist to join our team at the AI in Medicine Program at Mass General Brigham/Harvard Medical School. The successful candidate will work on various research projects related to cancer imaging, patient outcomes, and oncology research. The research scientist will collaborate with clinicians, researchers, and other data scientists to develop and implement predictive models, machine learning algorithms, and statistical analyses.
- Collaborate with researchers and clinicians to identify research questions and data needs
- Design and implement data acquisition, cleaning, and management processes
- Develop and implement machine learning models, predictive algorithms, and statistical analyses to address research questions
- Analyze and interpret data to identify patterns, trends, and insights
- Communicate research findings to a variety of stakeholders, including clinicians, researchers, and administrators
- Develop and maintain data visualizations and dashboards to facilitate data-driven decision making
- Participate in grant and manuscript writing
- Stay up-to-date with the latest advances in data science, computer vision, and healthcare research
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant field such as statistics, computer science, data science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience in data analysis, statistical modeling, and machine learning
- Experience working with healthcare data, including medical imaging, and clinical research data
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and R
- Familiarity with software for visualization, processing, segmentation, registration, and analysis of medical and biomedical images, such as 3D Slicer or itk-SNAP
- Familiarity with statistical analysis software
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
This would be an ideal position for someone interested in taking a gap year before pursuing graduate/medical school, with a competitive salary, benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth and development at the Vanguard of Healthcare AI in Boston. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a talented team of researchers and clinicians and make a meaningful impact on healthcare AI research and patient outcomes.
If you’re passionate about AI, engineering, and healthcare and are ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role, we encourage you to apply for this position. Email a resume/CV and a brief cover letter to Tafadzwa_chaunzwa@dfci.harvard.edu
The Office of Career Strategy posts job listings for the convenience of students. The University does not endorse or recommend employers and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private, off-campus employment and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization to which they are applying. Students should be prudent and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position. All concerns and issues related to job and/or internship opportunities, including those posted within the Yale Career Link, should be addressed promptly via email to the Office of Career Strategy.