This new initiative is a self-directed peer mentoring program, which pairs small groups of graduate students from related fields who are interested in actively developing their professional and career plans. This program combines weekly small group meetings with webinar events to provide a format that is flexible, but comprehensive. Taking place over the course of a month, PPG provides graduate students with the opportunity to accelerate work on career preparation in a group setting, with the support of OCS. Most of all, you will work with like-minded peers and gain the confidence to embark on networking and career exploration plans!
Participants will follow a curriculum that includes:
- Structured activities related to each week’s topic, to be completed before group meeting
- OCS and external resources and optional workshops
- Regular group meetings to share findings, discuss challenges, and reflect on the completed activities
Cohorts will collaboratively decide on the meeting schedule and pace of work that best fits the needs of its members.
- Strengthen your awareness of career options and sense of fit
- Meet and collaborate with like-minded peers in flexible, effective format
- Advance your career readiness and skills
- Increase your awareness of career resources around campus and beyond
- Get the confidence to tackle the non-academic job market
How to Sign Up and be Matched in a Group
Signups will be announced at the beginning of each semester. McDougal Career Fellows will assign participants to small groups.
- Group members will be matched based on the following criteria in order: meeting availability, program affiliation (we will aim for diversity across GSAS departments), and, where applicable/available, stage in career preparation process and career interest.
- A point of contact person is designated upon group formation. The point of contact is mainly responsible for scheduling small group meetings and logging weekly activity.
You don’t need to wait until the next semester to begin! Form your own group of 2-5 students, or follow the curriculum independently.
Summer 2021 Joint Yale/Harvard PPGs
Register to join a joint Yale and Harvard summer PPG by May 14th. Would you like more information? RSVP for an info session on April 29th from 4:30-5:00pm where we will go over the program and answer your questions.