57 Stars has an opening for an Analyst:
Based in Washington, DC, 57 Stars is an investment manager focused on primary and secondary partnership and co-investment opportunities in select private equity markets outside the United States and Western Europe. With more than $4.0 billion under management, the firm invests in these fast growing markets on behalf of some of the largest institutions in the world.
The Analyst position is a two year program at 57 Stars. The firm may promote and invite top performers to stay beyond two years. The position involves performing a wide variety of tasks and analysis in direct support of the 57 Stars team. Specific responsibilities include:
• Actively participate and support senior team members in the review and execution of investment opportunities. The Analyst would:
– Identify and analyze potential investment opportunities;
– Prepare detailed financial models for transactions under consideration;
– Assist in the investment proposal process including preparation of initial investment screens and investment memos;
– Coordinate and prepare transaction documentation; and
– Participate in business, legal and financial due diligence.
• Support senior team members in the firm’s marketing initiatives. The Analyst would:
– Update and maintain investor presentation materials;
– Update and maintain fund-level investment models;
– Support research into new product development; and
– Assist in the preparation of requests for proposals and ad hoc investor requests.
· Actively support the firm’s ESG and Impact investing initiatives. The Analyst would:
– Assist in developing appropriate ESG and Impact processes;
– Update and maintain necessary databases;
– Prepare materials and reports as necessary.
• Actively participate and support the CFO and the investment team in the portfolio monitoring and reporting process. The Analyst would:
– Oversee, update, and maintain the firm’s internal transaction and performance database; and
– Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports to investors.
• Conduct original research on international private equity markets and international public capital markets, including:
– Perform detailed macroeconomic, political, social, and capital markets research on countries/regions to assess key opportunities / risks;
– Develop a deep understanding of the key players in select international PE / VC markets.
• Undergraduate degree from a leading university
• 1-2 years of professional experience
• Detail oriented, strong organizational skills
• An inquiring mind, good discipline, and attention to detail
• Strong project management and execution skills-an ability to meet challenging deadlines while maintaining a high degree of quality and accuracy
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong interest in PE / VC investing
• Experience in financial modeling
• Demonstrated experience in financial statement analysis and valuation techniques
• Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a time critical, transaction-oriented environment
• Willingness to travel overseas
• Foreign language fluency a plus
• Highest degree of ethics and integrity
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Keen judge of people and character
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer
57 Stars pays a competitive salary, based on experience, along with an annual discretionary bonus based on employee performance. Our benefits package includes Company-paid medical, dental and vision, and LTD insurance for the employee. 57 Stars offers Company-paid holidays, paid vacation, and sick leave.
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates may email their resume, cover letter, salary history/requirements to:
57 Stars conducts a thorough background check that includes a review of credit, criminal, and motor vehicle history, and confirmation of education and employment history. As a Registered Investment Adviser, 57 Stars is subject to Rules of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission regarding certain political contributions by and other events affecting its employees, and disclosures in relation to such contributions and events may be required from candidates during the consideration process.
No phone calls or agencies please. Only direct candidates’ resumes will be accepted for this position. Recruiters and agencies are requested not to contact the job poster about your services, other services you may offer, or clients or products.
57 Stars encourages and supports a diverse workforce.