We are currently seeking an Aeromechanical/Mechanical Engineer Intern to join our summer internship program.
AeroVironment is an engineering innovator and that means we look for people with a broad background of technical skills and the desire to tackle real-world challenges.
Whether you’re part of a team designing a new unmanned aircraft to be used for planetary surveillance, or testing and designing modifications for flight hardware/software systems your AeroVironment internship will challenge you, stimulate you and provide you with real-world experience at one of America’s most innovative and creative tech companies.
What You’ll Do
You’ll have real responsibilities that impact actual products and help pave the way on our development path. You will work on projects and products that will launch AV into the future and provide you hands-on knowledge and skills through multiple phases of our Engineering/Manufacturing Design and Development process.
You will support engineering and design activities in your discipline using tools such as Windtunnels, 3-D Printers, Solidworks, Altium, Ansys, Visual Studio, and Matlab.
If you thrive on innovation and challenge, our engineering internship will exceed your expectations. You’ll understand how your work fits into the whole and we’ll give you the support you need to do the best work of your life.
- U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or asylee/refugee status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) required.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in a technical or engineering major related to work assignment during the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 out of a 4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) for 8-12 weeks during the Summer
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Possess a desire to build things; have a strong engineering aptitude; and thrive working in a team environment.
- UAV or Rotary Aircraft experience
- General engineering fundamentals, mathematics, physics, material properties
- Completed coursework relevant to major
- Flight test or R/C experience a plus
- Hand-on experience with relevant tools
- Familiarity with structured development techniques
- Familiarity with aerodynamic computational fluid dynamics tools and approaches
- Ability to prototype designs (milling)
- Experience with software tools in your area of expertise
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Effective problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
AV offers the ultimate hands-on intern experience that will help prepare you for your future. We provide relocation and housing for students out of state and have a 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off).