This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
AeroVironment is an engineering innovator and that means we look for people with a broad background of technical skills and the desire to tackle real-world challenges.
Whether you’re part of a team designing a new unmanned aircraft to be used for planetary surveillance, or testing and designing modifications for flight hardware/software systems your AeroVironment internship will challenge you, stimulate you and provide you with real-world experience at one of America’s most innovative and creative tech companies.
++What You’ll Do++
You’ll have real responsibilities that impact actual products and help pave the way on our development path. You will work on projects and products that will launch AV into the future and provide you hands-on knowledge and skills through multiple phases of our Engineering/Manufacturing Design and Development process.
You will support engineering and design activities such as FMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, Root Cause Investigation, and Reliability Testing.
If you thrive on innovation and challenge, our engineering internship will exceed your expectations. You’ll understand how your work fits into the whole and we’ll give you the support you need to do the best work of your life. ++Qualifications++
- U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or asylee/refugee status as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) required.
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in a technical or engineering major related to work assignment during the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.0 out of a 4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) for 8-12 weeks during the Summer
++What you’ll need to succeed:++
- Possess a desire to build things; have a strong engineering aptitude; and thrive working in a team environment.
- UAV or Robotics experience
- General engineering fundamentals, mathematics, physics, material properties
- Engineering Statistics, Reliability Engineering, Material Science, Physic of Failure
- Hands-on experience with Test Planning and Execution, FMEA, and Fault Tree Analysis
- Familiarity with structured development techniques
- Experience with software tools such as R, Stan (Matlab a plus)
- Relevant internship experience a plus
- Flight test or R/C experience a plus
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties
- Effective problem-solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
AV offers the ultimate hands-on intern experience that will help prepare you for your future. We provide relocation and housing for students out of state and have a 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off).
This position requires access to information that is subject to compliance with the International Traffic Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”). In order to comply with the requirements of the ITAR and/or the EAR, applicants will be asked to provide specific documentation to verify U.S. person status under the ITAR and the EAR. A “U.S. person” according to their definition is a U.S. citizen, U.S. lawful permanent resident (green card holder), or protected individual such as a refugee, or asylee. See 22 CFR § 120.15. Some positions will require current U.S. Citizenship due to contract requirements.
Benefits and Time Off:
AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: ++http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits++.
We also encourage you to review our company website at ++http://www.avinc.com++ to learn more about us.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we’ve been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world’s most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution’s permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty – and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company’s ++hand-launched UAS++ to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may appy.