Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
Akuna Boston opened in the Fall of 2015 and is comprised of a small team of Quant Developers and Researchers. The Boston team focuses on discovering alpha signals through statistical analysis, strategy optimization, and building world-class data and research platforms, while closely collaborating with other quant and trading groups.
What you’ll do as a Junior Quantitative Researcher at Akuna:
Akuna’s Quantitative Trading and Research team is looking to add Junior Quant Researchers to a team of mathematicians, statisticians and technologists. This team creates trading strategies scientifically by combining its quantitative expertise with sophisticated understanding of derivatives and financial markets.
We are looking for talented researchers who can apply and develop machine learning algorithms to contribute to Akuna’s strategy portfolio. In this role you will:
- Develop trading strategies using statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Design and implement optimization algorithms for portfolio construction
- Develop quantitative models describing market behavior
- Advance existing initiatives and explore opportunities for new research topics
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree in a technical field – Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics (or a related subject) must be completed upon employment
- Expertise in statistics and machine learning
- Experience building mathematical models for complex real-world problems
- Intermediate programming skills in Python
- Financial experience not expected
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT or STEM