Akuna Capital is a young and booming trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialize in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models.
Our Founding Partners, including Akuna’s CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualized Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened the firm’s first office in 2011 in the heart of the derivatives industry and the options capital of the world – Chicago. Today, Akuna is proud to operate from additional offices in Sydney, Shanghai, and Boston.
What you’ll do as a Trading Intern:
We are seeking Trading Interns to join our dynamic team at Akuna Capital for our 10-week internship, Akunacademy, in our Chicago headquarters running from June – August. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with a desire to make an immediate impact at a growing firm. Akuna gives new traders the opportunity to learn from the most successful members of our Trading team and apply their knowledge quickly.
Our offices provide a positive atmosphere for learning and innovation. We’re committed to providing valuable mentorship from our Senior Traders that will help you to learn quickly, find value from our internship program and make an immediate impact on the business. By the end of our program you’ll be comfortable with both option theory and trade execution, which you will be able to demonstrate live on our trading desks!
Trading Interns are bright, math-savvy, competitive, ambitious, and have a strong desire to learn how to make markets in a rapidly growing trading firm. We’ll teach you how to leverage our proprietary technology while implementing a variety of trading strategies and ideas so you can get on the trading screens and make an impact on the bottom line of the firm. If you are looking for an opportunity to start your career at an exciting firm, Akuna is the place for you!
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Pursuing a BS/MS/ PhD in Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Actuarial Science or a related/equivalent field
- Graduating between August 2022 – August 2024
- Strong math aptitude, numerical and quantitative analysis skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, competitive, team environment
- Desire to understand and learn about financial markets and economic theories
- Programming experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Major GPA of 3.0 or above
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required on the first day of employment including F-1 students using OPT, CPT, TN, or STEM