Interview Location: Virtual
Altman Solon Analyst
Altman Solon is a 300-person strategy consulting group that focuses exclusively on the telecommunications, media and technology (TMT) related sectors. As the largest global TMT strategy firm, we assist clients in fast, high-impact, confident decision making. We enable clients to seize new opportunities, improve performance, and increase shareholder value within complex and converging industries.
Trusted Leader with Industry Expertise and Innovative Approaches
· As the leading pure play communications and media strategy consulting group globally, we assist operating companies and financial groups in fast, high-impact, confident decision making
· Deep industry knowledge and advanced analytics allow us to develop more actionable insights and recommendations, delivering better advice, more quickly – we succeed in building long-term client relationships because of the results we deliver
· Altman Solon’s industry focus and shorter average project duration allow employees to quickly gain exposure to a breadth of projects and develop an expertise in TMT along with a sophisticated consulting toolkit
Growing Firm with an Entrepreneurial Spirit & Inclusive Culture
· The size of our organization allows our Analysts to constantly experience new challenges and growth opportunities while building relationships with senior Altman Solon team members who are recognized experts in their field
· Analysts play a key role in shaping the future of our firm and culture – from spearheading internal initiatives to leaving a lasting impression on clients
· We realize work/life fit is important to our Analysts. Our default schedule is a low-travel model, accelerating our Analysts professional growth and helping them build meaningful relationships with peers and mentors. Eligible employees can design their own or choose from an array of flexible work programs, such as reduced work year, sabbaticals, internal rotations, and extended parental leave.
Flat Teams, Collaborative Philosophy, Personalized Support
· We offer Analysts strategic projects and client interaction at an earlier stage than generalist consulting firms, with opportunities to truly own a piece of work from start to finish
· Our small size, collaborative culture, and tailored approach to learning and development results in faster role advancement and professional growth throughout your career with us
The Analyst role is an entry-level role and is open to undergraduate students who are currently seniors and masters degree students on track to graduate in December 2021 or spring of 2022. As an Analyst at Altman Solon, you will be involved in every aspect of our consulting practice. While an Analyst’s specific role will vary from project to project, responsibilities include:
· Developing novel, data-driven methodologies and owning execution of solving complex client problems
· Building a variety of rigorous business models, market sizings, and quantitative Excel-based tools to be delivered to (and used by) clients on an on-going basis
· Conducting research to understand market demand drivers, competitive landscapes, and technology trends; methods include state-of-the-art survey design & analysis as well as primary interviews with subject matter experts
· Assisting with synthesis and presentation of key findings and recommendations to our clients
· Developing content-specific knowledge that will continue to expand and evolve through your time at Altman Solon
· Supporting on-going internal firm-building initiatives including recruiting, mentoring interns, diversity and inclusion initiatives, community service, and other special projects
This position is for our US offices, in Boston, MA; New York, NY; or San Francisco, CA. We are looking for:
Problem solvers with analytical minds and strong communication skills
· Motivated to use strong quantitative and analytical skills to solve problems in dynamic industries that require innovative solutions
· Strong academic record – successful Altman Solon Analysts come from a wide variety of academic backgrounds, and all majors are encouraged to apply
· Ability to translate complex problems into structured, manageable concepts and approaches
· Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts via verbal, written, and visual means
· Familiarity with business concepts and understanding of key performance drivers
Team players with a commitment to producing outstanding work
· Enjoy working with teams and working independently as required
· Dedication to producing high-quality output with integrity and exceptional attention to detail
· Enjoy contributing to internal firm life and culture, including recruiting, diversity and inclusion initiatives, and special projects
· Passion for learning and interest in TMT industry, with ability to absorb information quickly and effectively and a growth mindset
Please note that we are unable to consider applicants who now or in the future require sponsorship for work visa status (e.g. F (OPT), H-1B).
We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are key principles for the successful operation of any business, and especially ours. We are committed to ensuring that all employees, at all levels, feel supported, feel a sense of belonging, and are equally invested in the success of our shared work. This starts with ensuring that we draw the most talented people from all backgrounds. If your access to educational or extracurricular opportunities has been impacted by factors you would like to make us aware of, please include this information in your cover letter.
Altman Solon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify user. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or other protected status.
In addition to your resume (please include your GPA and SAT/ACT scores, split out math and verbal scores), please also submit a cover letter and unofficial school transcripts. All items above must be included in your application to be considered.