Annual full-time Pathways cohorts start between January and September. This position is for starts in 2022.
Applying to this role will consider you for all our locations for Pathways
At Amazon, we take pride in hiring and developing the best. We are excited to offer MBA and master’s program graduate students the opportunity to launch big careers with limitless possibilities. Are you looking to become a leader in a global Fortune 100 company? Do you want to manage people, process, and technology in one of the most innovative operations environments on Earth? Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to millions globally? If so, then the Amazon Pathways Operations program may be right for you.
Pathways is a five-year Operations Leadership Development Program designed to rapidly develop talented MBA and Masters-level graduates with the skills needed to be Amazon General Managers, Directors and VPs. This is the opportunity to chart your own course. Pathways members are highly visible to senior leadership and have flexibility with changing roles, sites and geographies as we strive to create global leaders. Through a series of intense, progressively challenging opportunities in the core of our elite operations network, we will stretch your leadership capacity to its full potential. The business lessons you learn and credibility you develop will benefit you over the rest of your career and prepare you for future executive leadership opportunities.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Pathways graduates may lead organizations of nearly 4,000 individuals, have financial responsibilities for labor in excess of $2.5 million per week, and have oversight of over $1B+ in capital projects. The following is a brief overview of this fast track to executive leadership.
Step 1 – Start as an Area Manager, learn Amazon operations on the front line leading people and systems. Kick off your career by managing and directing 50 to 100 associates in one of our world-class fulfillment/sortation/delivery centers.
Step 2 – Progress into the Operations Manager role and gain experience leading other managers and teams of 300-500 members. Drive improvements in Operational processes and the end-to-end supply chain by working cross-functionally with technology and engineering teams across Amazon.
Step 3 – Promote to a Senior Manager position where you will lead through others to execute on regional or network initiatives. Explore a full range of Operations roles in Supply Chain and Transportation & Logistics.
Step 4 – Graduate from the Pathways Operations Leadership Development Program and emerge as a leader known for operational excellence. Your “Think Big” type ideas that will transform Worldwide Operations. Apply your elite subject matter expertise to lead a new business, project, team or an entire site in a specific region.
· Coach, manage, and develop a large teams
· Partner with senior leadership to think broadly about solutions to the most complex business and operational challenges
· Engage and lead continuous improvement projects throughout the course of the program
Locations & Placement:
· The position will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other warehouse environments
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also consider individual location preference)
EXPECTED HOURS & ENVIRONMENT:
· This position is demanding; hours may fluctuate with seasons and changing environments
· Expect to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts with anticipated overtime
· Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
Tot al compensation for Pathways Operations includes three elements: Base pay, 1- and 2-year sign-on payment, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
· Currently enrolled in MBA or equivalent master’s level program at the time of application with a conferral date between December 2021 – August 2022
· 3+ years of full-time industry work experience, which occurred between the conferral date from your undergraduate program and prior to starting your MBA or master’s program, OR 3+ years of military work experience prior to starting your MBA or master’s program
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· The ability to dive deep into data and provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
· Demonstrated ability to bring big ideas and influence across all levels of an organization
· Bias for action and passion for rolling up sleeves and doing what it takes to “get it done”
· A cover letter is not necessary
· The application process can take anywhere from 30-60 minutes. The first step in the application process includes an online assessment and a series of mini business-case simulations that allow you to learn more about Amazon
· Be sure to set aside an appropriate amount of time in a comfortable place with no distractions
· You will be notified via email if we have chosen to move forward with your application. You can also check your status any time in our application portal
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well.