Intern, Education Abroad Programs
The Intern works with the whole Education Abroad team and supports Education Abroad program activity.
In collaboration with the department staff, interns will engage in the following tasks:
· Assist in the implementation and support of Education Abroad Program marketing and outreach activities (which may include distributing materials, drafting text, and web research)
· Provide extensive administrative support for student applications and document management
· Provide general staff support for all student programs
· Assist with the archiving of data and streamlining data management
· Help engage, expand, and maintain our alumni network
· Represent AMIDEAST Education Abroad Programs at college and university education abroad virtual events
· Assist with general administrative tasks as needed
The ideal Education Abroad Intern is a creative, motivated, organized individual who is able to work on diverse assignments and complete tasks within an articulated deadline. The Intern should possess the following:
· Ability to work remotely
· Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to communicate professionally and effectively both orally and in writing with the Education Abroad team and external stakeholders
· Ability to learn to quickly
· Precise attention to detail
· Demonstrated interest in the Middle East and North Africa, Islamic studies, international education, social sciences and/or public diplomacy
· Strong Microsoft Office skills
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with other staff members
Special consideration is given to those who have previously studied abroad in the Middle East and North Africa or have Arabic and/or French language skills.
Internship Dates and Schedule:
This paid internship begins immediately and requires at least a 20 hour per week commitment. Opportunities may arise for additional hours pending the progress of projects and general workload. Business hours are generally Monday through Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. ET.
Please submit a resume along with a cover letter explaining your availability and interests in the Middle East and North Africa to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.