At Andersen, Orange is how we describe a spirit that drives us to imagine what’s possible. Our commitment at Andersen is to have an inclusive and diverse workplace where employees feel respected, valued and driven to realize their full potential. Whether in product development, our manufacturing processes, sales programs and services, the relationships we build-with our customers, our communities and each other-we see possibility everywhere, every day and use our collective talents to make it happen. We hope you’ll accept our invitation to Be Orange, Be You at Andersen.
PURPOSE: The official title of this role is a Business Development Representative – Architectural (BDR-A). The BDR-A is primarily responsible for developing residential business in the Architectural community through the successful execution of Architectural, Contractor and Developer focused sales objectives. Cultivate incremental sales through strong market intelligence and the development of strong business relationships within the Architectural community. This position will work in collaboration with the sales team, dealer channel and all functional business units to capitalize on viable market opportunities.
- Develop and execute strategies that leverage the brand and product breadth within the Residential Architectural segment.
- Assess and cultivate strong business relationships with residentially focused trade partners whose segment focus is conducive to Andersen’s product portfolio.
- Work collaboratively with sales team to ensure Architectural derived opportunities are effectively executed against.
- Utilize Customer Management and sales reporting tools to effectively report and assess results of market activities.
- Work in collaboration with peers and business units to enhance products, services & tools necessary to grow share in the Residential Architect segment.
- Leverage the services of Sales Enablement and Product Applications to deliver value to the dealer channel and trade customers in support of growth in the Residential Architect segment.
- Establish credibility with targeted trade customers by conducting business consistent with Andersen’s Vision, Values and Strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We are committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
We are committed to demonstrating mutual respect and appreciation of our similarities and differences so that each employee can realize his/her potential and we exceed our customers’ expectations.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package, including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan contributions
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
- Four-year degree in Architectural Design, Construction Management, Business or a related field of study or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Architectural design, Residential/Commercial construction processes and an ability to interpret specifications and architectural drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships with trade customers, channel partners and peers.
- Prior experience in architectural sales a plus
- Demonstrated ability to speak to large groups using multiple delivery methods.
- Evidence of strong analytical and fact-based planning skills.
Primary Location: United States-CT-Bridgeport
Organization: Andersen Windows, Inc.
Job Posting: Oct 27, 2020, 2:55:19 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 27357