This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Interested in contributing a great cause? Do you have a passion for social media and creating content? Join ASTEP’s communications team! College credit or stipend available.
The Communications intern will be a key part of helping ASTEP produce external communications. They will work with the Development and Communications team and will play an active role in collaboratively creating a wide range of content, publishing content and developing external communications strategy. Expected contribution of approximately 5-10 hours per week.
- Scheduling and posting content in Hootsuite
- Uploading video content to Youtube
- Editing video content and uploading to IGTV
- Attending Communications meeting and taking notes
- Inputting new contacts and emails in Mailchimp
- Maintaining social media analytics spreadsheet
- Helping managing social media calendar
Ideal candidate has:
- Interest in nonprofit work, community building, and social media.
- Strong writing and communication skills, design skills a plus
- A person with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, but willingness to speak up and share ideas and expertise in meetings
- Strategic thinker, aware of digital communications and social media trends
- Experience working with Hootsuite
- Experience working Google Suite
- Experience working with MailChimp