This position will work in our Healing Unit.
Under the supervision of the Behavioral Health Services Manager, the Program Coordinator supports the integrated behavioral health efforts in collaborating with other behavioral health clinicians, case managers, medical providers, clinic staff, and other agency support staff in care coordination activities including but not limited to: program administrative support, patient phone contact, grant reporting, and panel management. The provision of services will be for multiple sites.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Pulls panel reports for review by Behavioral Health clinicians and grant reports; ensures that grant deliverables are met, and grant reports are submitted in a timely fashion.
2. Assist the Behavioral Health Services Manager in developing and implementing operational procedures to support grant activities.
3. Input and maintain meaningful data tracking and analysis for quality of care improvement, trending, and reporting purposes.
4. Coordinate with the clinic and QI staff to manage collected data for analysis and trending.
5. Note trends from the patient panel and individual patient database.
6. Communicate with clinicians with the necessary changes/trend as part of the integrated treatment plan.
7. Query and run necessary reports for reporting and quality improvement purposes.
8. Track grants.
9. Assist with department budget analysis.
10. Liaise with the Fiscal department regarding report elements.
11. Develop and maintain electronic records for panels of patients with Behavioral Health conditions.
12. Coordinate outreach events including but not limited to preparing visual presentations, handout material, coordinating equipment needs, tabling, and communicating with outreach site liaisons.
13. Track and trend participant attendance from outreach efforts.
14. Completes and submits grant reports as needed and as directed by the Behavioral Health Services Manager.
15. Attend necessary staff meetings.
16. Prepare necessary material for internal and external meetings.
17. Attend pertinent county and other grant-related meetings to facilitate program development and implementation efforts.
18. Coordinate with updating a community resource guide.
19. Update patient education material.
20. Assists the Behavioral Health Department with any new service development model efforts – including but not limited to: integrated care huddles, family conferences, group visits.
21. Schedules psychiatrist consultant and other Behavioral Health consultant sessions with patients and staff.
22. Managing correspondence and communication from specialty mental health agencies and individual providers (e.g. timely dissemination of discharge summaries from the Special Mental Health clinic to the appropriate medical provider for review).
23. Maintain internal and external referral tracking to facilitate continuity of services.
24. Participate in recruitment, training, supervision, and performance management of BH program admin staff as may need.
25. Coordinate scheduling template changes.
26. Assist in coordinating credentialing and privileging activities for BH staff.
27. Assist Behavioral Health Services Manager in coordinating the peer chart review process.
28. Oversee the signing of timesheets as directed by Behavioral Health Services Manager.
29. Schedule vacation, CEU time off, PTO request, staff coverage schedules as directed by Behavioral Health Services Manager.
30. Coordinate ergonomics evaluation and follow-up support as directed by Behavioral Health Services Manager.
31. Assist in processing travel/expense authorizations.
32. Assist Behavioral Health Services Manager in following up with IT/IS Helpdesk requests.
33. Assist in managing internal and external correspondence regarding meetings and training available to Behavioral Health staff.
34. Coordination of physical on-boarding of new staff and interns (e.g.HR orientation, IT request, badges, work station set up).
35. Coordinate staff separation/termination process as directed by the Behavioral Health Services Manager.
36. Serves as the main liaison between the Behavioral Health department and other AHS department staff, and with external agencies to ensure seamless care coordination efforts.
37. Liaise with clinic staff with the development and implementation of department procedures.
38. Attend operational meetings as designated by BH Manager.
39. Assist with room reservation and equipment needs as needed for meetings.
40. Assist with materials development (e.g. training binders, resource updates) and dissemination of material to designated staff.
41. Coordination of supply purchase and facilities requests.
42. Assist with updates and revision of department policies and procedures.
43. Scheduling and facilitating presentations by guest speakers or outside trainers.
44. Assist with the preparation of meeting agendas and note-taking.
45. Disseminate meeting minutes to staff as needed.
46. Maintain and update staff training logs.