Manages all aspects of AHS’ COVID Program including mobile testing, contact tracing, call center, case management and service referrals, patient/community education, and advocacy. Directly, or in collaboration with other AHS departments, oversees COVID-related hire/supervise COVID staff, grants/contracts, budget management, data collection, and evaluation. The position acts as a liaison between COVID programs/projects and all other AHS departments and clinic locations and represents the COVID program to outside agencies. Under the supervision of the Chief Deputy Administrator, works closely with the Chief Medical Officer and other provider leaders around COVID to plan, prioritize, and create mechanisms for community disease control and AHS patient care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Patient and Community Services:
1. Oversees and trains COVID program staff on all aspects of program activities, including mobile testing, contact tracing, call center, case management and service referrals, patient/community education, and advocacy.
2. Work in close collaboration with departments to design and start-up new programs/projects with an understanding of population-based disease control, AHS clinic services, and culturally/linguistically appropriate referrals to services.
3. Participate in strategic activities focused on the long-term financial stability of programs, integration into AHS array of services, and ways to collaborate with other API community agencies.
4. Works in close collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer and medical providers, and community services staff to provide support services, counseling, and education for COVID patients, including disease prevention, care coordination, referral, and follow-up for high risk and special needs, and any other supportive services.
5. Works in close collaboration with the Quality Improvement (QI) team to assess processes and outcomes metrics to ensure high-quality patient care.
6. Acts as a liaison to all other administrative departments regarding COVID program management issues, including the Billing and Fiscal department, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Quality.
7. Represents the program on behalf of the agency at meetings with other COVID service providers, e.g., Alameda Health Consortium.
8. Supports the development of protocols, forms, and patient education materials in partnership with clinic leadership; maintains and annually updates COVID service protocols; maintains COVID service data and generating reports for AHS quality management, providers, and contract/grant requirements.
9. Reviews COVID medical records to support data collection and compliance measures as determined by the AHS quality management.
10. Schedules and facilitates regular COVID-related meetings and case conferences, as appropriate.
11. Ensures that COVID testing forms for external contracts/projects completed by COVID program staff are being completed correctly and timely for contract purposes.
Supervision & Team Building:
12. Serve as the primary supervisor of the COVID staff specifically hired for COVID initiatives (e.g., contact tracers) and works collaboratively with other department managers on the supervision of staff working on the COVID initiative (e.g., Community Services). Where needed, consult, and communicate with the Human Resource Manager to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreement, personnel policies, and labor laws.
13. Develop staffing plans, assign work, and coordinate with other Department and Program Coordinators.
14. Ensure that appropriate initial and ongoing training is provided to program staff, clinic staff, and other staff who may be providing services to at-risk and/or infected patients and community members.
15. Promote a standard of respectful and professional interactions with at-risk and infected patients and community members.
16. Development, Contract & Budget Management (10-20%):
17. Develop grants in collaboration with the clinic and other staff and with the Program Planning & Development staff to expand and sustain COVID program projects.
18. Serve as Project Manager/Lead for program grants. Responsible for oversight of grants/contract deliverables and budgets. Ensure the fulfillment of contractual obligations, protocols, and requirements. Responsible for grant reports and/or program data.
19. Develop and manage program grant budgets, monitor expenses, maximize utilization of available grant funds and initiate submission of budget requests and revisions for grants.
20. Works closely with other managers on shared projects on budget oversight and meeting project deliverables.