Under the direction and supervision of the Quality Improvement Director, the QI Analyst is responsible for the collection and analysis of clinical/confidential data to strengthen the provider/patient relationship, improve patient experience and clinical outcomes, operational efficiency, and productivity of clinical services. This position will use knowledge of quality improvement approaches, and analytical abilities to generate high quality, timely data, and recommendations that inform change decisions by clinical and operational leaders in AHS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Will analyze, review, forecast, trend, and intuitively present information while selecting, recommending, and applying appropriate analytical and statistical methodologies and techniques to measure trends, progress, or change.
2. Under the supervision of the Quality Improvement Director is responsible for developing and tracking core measures of clinical services, patient satisfaction/safety, and resource utilization management, and for making recommendations to improve clinical processes, resource utilization, patient safety, outcomes, and experience while reducing service costs.
3. In collaboration with the Quality Improvement Director will produce descriptive and analytic reports in support of quality improvement programs and develop a thorough understanding of clinical and operational data systems integral to providing analytical support and project management for performance improvement initiatives.
4. Will also provide ad hoc data query and analysis support for clinic end-users that involve clinical interpretation of data (such as diagnoses, procedures, complications, mortalities, disease, and utilization management).
5. Inform and assist in the integration of various projects which have research aims and may impact clinical operations and direct patient care
6. Will ensure integrity and quality of data and function as a resource for the clinical operations team in planning group processes and facilitating continuous data development and enhanced reporting.
7. Coordinate the process of data collection and the analysis of data by internal staff and outside consultants, where appropriate, to support QI initiatives.
8. Will collaborate with the clinician and operational leaders, and Clinical Informatics Department to ensure that EHR setup including upgrades, templates, internal database integration, point of care builds, order sets, document/macro sets, etc. are optimized to support internal and external organization QI metrics and reporting. This includes the implementation of process and technology solutions that facilitate efficient completion of regular reporting of QI measures to meet legislative and grant requirements.
9. Meet regularly with Clinical Operations and other teams, as required, to ensure continuous development of QI measures, reports, processes, and organizational structures to maximize the benefits of Clinical Informatics and ensure QI compliance at all levels.