This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP) is looking for an energetic and self-motivated marketing intern to support our communications committees. You will support the social media, website, and email marketing committees to help share our association benefits with potential AIIP members as well as current AIIP members.
In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should have excellent multitasking and organizational abilities. The successful candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and social media platforms.
● Assist with weekly administrative duties, ex: scheduling social media posts, monitoring social media platforms, etc.
● Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
● Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns via MailChimp, and social media content.
● Support project-based work on an ad-hoc basis around SEO and email marketing
● Support virtual events committee with website updates
● Support conference promotion on an ad-hoc basis
● Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate course for marketing, communications or similar field.
● Knowledge of marketing strategies, including continuing education of new marketing tactics and tools
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Aptitude with various social media platforms as well as the data tracking tools associated with them
We estimate the workload to be 2-5 hours per week starting no earlier than August 16, 2021, and run for 3-4 months. Candidates will be working remotely and coordinating with AIIP volunteers. This internship will pay $15 – $20 an hour based on experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a short cover letter to email@example.com by July 23, 2021.