Axiom was founded in 2016 and is the premier strategy and management consulting firm serving biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and health care provider clients, with a focus on oncology and rare disease. Our engagements deliver exclusively high value-add for our clients’ most critically important issues. Axiom’s Think Tank philosophy of consulting also drives external, non-transactional work in which we seek to give back and shape the future of oncology and rare disease care.
At Axiom our people are excited to help clients address their most pressing challenges. We leverage the flexibility and expertise of our diverse network and organization to bring an unparalleled client experience based on our team’s combination of skill sets: strategic problem solving, rigorous analyses/methodologies, and clear and concise communications.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Life Science Specialist role is a full-time consulting position to support, advise on, and implement key strategic initiatives, support strategic analyses of clinical, medical, and market data within the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and health care provider industry, and collaborate with client and team members to accomplish project engagement goals and objectives. Responsibilities include:
1. Problem Solving: Conduct structured problem solving to address critical business issues
2. Analytics: Perform complex data analyses in support of ongoing and ad-hoc projects
3. Communication: Create, refine, and present recommendations to senior leadership and clients
4. Teamwork: All activities are conducted as part of a team, comprised of peers and management
· Demonstrated ability to gather, connect, and pressure-test data to understand complexities and identify implications of analysis
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to generate narrative-driven presentations and communicate implications of analysis
· Ability to work well in teams, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
· Strong desire and openness to be creative and innovate, including learning/trying unconventional approaches
· Demonstrated drive for quality excellence, including a strong commitment to and affinity for delivering the highest level of scientific analyses and strategic insight
· Self-motivated and organized working style
· Extensive experience with PowerPoint presentations
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to conduct complex data analysis using analytical databases/tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
· Experience in consulting, market research, or financial analysis strongly preferred
· Degree requirements for Life Science Specialists: PhD in natural sciences, preferred with demonstrated expertise in oncology and/or rare disease, as well as preferred prior supportive coursework or experience in finance, economics, mathematics, or related analytical fields
Detailed Job Description
Axiom’s team members are a diverse group of highly qualified people with a wide range of backgrounds, from hard sciences to literature. Offering challenging responsibilities, broad business exposure and unrivaled career prospects, the Axiom Life Science Specialist role provides an unparalleled opportunity to apply scientific knowledge, business intuition, and analytical rigor to real-world challenges, building invaluable skills and experience along the way.
Generally, Life Science Specialists join Axiom after exposure to life sciences/strategy consulting and come to Axiom to home in on oncology / rare disease. Life Science Specialists are the heart and soul of our organization – they are our frontline in scientific- and data-driven insights for the Axiom Think Tank and clients. We invest heavily in our Life Science Specialists, and believe in the apprenticeship model of strategy consulting to unlock a robust career trajectory. Life Science Specialists at Axiom tackle the most advanced and difficult problems our clients face, including understanding and shaping new markets, helping frame new business and medical treatment models, assessing specific competitors’ performance, performing due diligence, and driving it all to bottom-line financial returns and value creation.
DAY-TO-DAY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
· Structure problem solving to address critical business issues
· Manage individual and team member work streams
· Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data analytics
· Perform complex data analyses in support of ongoing and ad-hoc projects
· Research new data sources and analytical tools; contribute to new product development and improvement in product delivery and presentation
· Use and support database applications and analytical tools: evaluate data quality, applications, and functions, produce output, maintain data assets
· Create and manage data collection from web surveys
· Mentor team members
· Create, refine, and present recommendations to senior management and clients
· Interpret and organize data results into executive summaries and professional consulting presentations