Bain’s Associate Consultant Intern (ACI) program is more than just a summer internship, it’s a springboard to your whole career and could quite possibly be the best summer of your life. It’s an ideal opportunity for ambitious undergraduates who would like to experience the real world of consulting while getting insight into what a future with Bain would be like.
In 10 exciting and intensive weeks (duration may differ by office) you’ll be in the thick of it: shoulder to shoulder with Bain Associate Consultants, tackling complex business challenges and using all your skills to help drive change in a range of organisations from global leaders to start-ups. Most ACIs are amazed at the wealth of industry knowledge, client management and communication skills they acquire and the majority complete their summer with a full-time offer to join Bain as an Associate Consultant upon completion of their studies.
Client confidentially means we cannot tempt you with our client’s names, but suffice to say, whether you’re interested in consumer electronics, finance, transportation, healthcare, energy or non-profits, the chances are good that you know our work.
As a Bain Associate Consultant Intern, your analytical, inter-personal, creative thinking, business management and leadership skills will be called upon from day one. Every day is different but a sample of the things you can expect to accomplish are:
• Providing clients with powerful facts and analyses that outline solutions and drive change
• Work as members of case teams in roles that vary according to the team’s objective
• Be responsible for identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, and presenting their findings to case team members
• Interviewing the client’s customers, competitors, suppliers and employers; this work becomes the basis of the case team’s strategic recommendation
The rewards – influential connections, world-class training, personal satisfaction, unparalleled career-development, future-career potential and, yes, financial – are second to none.
• Studying for a Bachelor’s degree from a renowned educational institution
• A solid team player who’s also an independent thinker
• A robust analytical skill-set, endless curiosity and a penchant to think the impossible
• Must be deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills are important
• Fluency in English
• Please be sure to apply at joinbain.com/apply
• On applying, please be sure to include a cover letter (including office preferences), resume (including SAT scores) and a college transcript