Data Visualization Specialist
New York, NY
Barclays Capital Inc.
What will you be doing?• Work alongside investment banking research analysts and research production to develop visualizations and interactive graphics
• Collaborate with research analysts to identify the best means of visually depicting a story
• Apply design and data analysis techniques to organize the presentation of data in innovative and artistic ways
• Understand data driven concepts in order to convert them into appropriate, visually compelling representations
• Develop re-usable data visualization templates
• Create visualizations for institutional investors
• In depth analysis and visual creation for Barclays Research
• Cross communicate with the different research teams across industries to find fresh ways to assist the analysts in presenting their research to wider audiences.
• Development of data and visuals for such reports as Barclays’ Impact Series and close work with the Sustainable and Thematic Investing teams
What we’re looking for:Requires Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Graphic Design, Communication Design, or related field, and 2 years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience as a Data Visualization Specialist, Graphic Designer, Graphic Artist, or related field.
Where will you be working?You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Our Values Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Our DiversityWe aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our BenefitsOur customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
This position is eligible for incentives pursuant to Barclays’ Employee Referral Program.