This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Berry offers competitive pay, paid time off and comprehensive benefits.
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
“Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.”
· Sample preparation, basic testing, materials staging and equipment cleaning to provide value to Berry.
· Will be allowed some involvement in experiment design to provide reciprocal value to the intern.
· Intern will be intensely focused on automotive testing. Secondary priorities will be focused on new research on flooring projects, specifically for Ecore and Mapei.
· Scope will include application and environmental application of existing Berry products to various OEM specifications and Flooring certifications
· Success will be measured by rate of timely completion per the automotive GANTT Charts and advancing the flooring projects towards completion.
· Shows initiative and learning curiosity.
· Works well within teams across functions.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent problem solving aptitude.
· Safe work habits.
· Strong personal accountability to achieve goals.
· Enrolled in a BS/MS degree program in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. (https://careers-berryglobal.icims.com/jobs/9958/r%26d-intern/job?mode=apply&apply=yes&in_iframe=1&hashed=-1834445335)
Job ID 2021-9958
Position Type Temporary Full-Time
Category Research & Development