Dr. Nadine Tung is a breast medical oncologist who specializes in both breast cancer treatment and cancer genetics at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA. She is currently looking for a research assistant to manage her clinical studies focused on understanding hereditary breast cancer. This is a full-time, paid position with a required 2 year commitment.
– Assess patients’ eligibility for protocols. Recruit and enroll patients to clinical trials.
– Discuss informed consent with patients.
– Obtain blood and tissue samples for banking protocols.
– Monitor strict adherence to protocols.
– Abstract clinical data from medical records and complete case report forms.
– Manage patient data in a computerized database. Monitor quality and timelines of data submissions.
– Oversee the organization, storage, and inventory of tissue specimens required per protocols. Transport
bloods and tumor specimens as needed.
– Manage regulatory forms for studies and correspondence with IRB.
– Represent the research program at departmental meetings.