This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
A stock dividend in Frankfurt sends ripples through supply chains in Asia. Emissions disclosures in New York send signals to Japan’s biggest pension fund. At Bloomberg, we’re solving these problems that others can’t, and on the Bloomberg Global Data team our work begins and ends with data. Over the course of our four-day 2021 Global Data Externship, you’ll experience what it’s like to be part of the group that acquires and supplies this data to our clients via the iconic Bloomberg Terminal and our wider suite of solutions.
Get hands-on experience – and a fast track to an internship
The Bloomberg Externship, our signature program for 2023 graduates, gives you exposure to what it’s like to be a successful Global Data Analyst. The program will touch on financial markets and real-life data analysis application, and give you access to Bloomberg leadership and professional development training – all while experiencing a unique company culture built on our values of diversity, inclusion and philanthropy. You’ll also get early access to apply to our 2022 summer internship program. We’ll prepare you for the internship application process and provide insight on making the most of a career in Global Data.
Over the four days, you’ll experience first hand how Global Data analysts use analysis and technical skills to acquire, process and standardize the vast amounts of market data we feed to our clients. You will:
- Work on a case study with data professionals and present to Bloomberg leadership
- Leverage the Bloomberg Terminal and its functionality for your project
- Get certified in our Bloomberg Market Concepts course
- Get an introduction to our unique tech stack
- Experience a day in the life of a data analyst
- Take part in professional development courses, including interview and presentation tips
- Hear from our Diversity & Inclusion leaders about Bloomberg’s efforts to build a more inclusive workplace
- Experience Bloomberg’s culture of service by participating in a community event with Bloomberg Philanthropies
At the end of your Bloomberg Externship, you will have expanded your professional network, deepened your understanding of the financial markets, developed your technical skills, learned professional skills and interview techniques, and gained the opportunity to secure a 2022 Summer Internship. Who can apply?
Our 2021 Global Data Externship is open to students graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 who identify as Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, and/or first-generation college students.
You must be working towards a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and be available to attend for the duration of the program, which runs May 24 – 27, from 12:30pm – 5:00pm EST. You must be legally authorized to work full time in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
What do we look for?
- A desire to learn, grow and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- A passion for the financial markets
- Beginner skills in languages such as Python & SQL, R, and/or visualization tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for our customers