Blue Cloud Ventures, (BCV), is a software-focused growth stage venture capital firm based in New York City. Since inception in late 2012, BCV raised four consecutive funds and backed 35 leading software companies. The fund targets investments in leading SaaS, infrastructure and open source software companies.
In conjunction with the close of its fourth fund, Blue Cloud Ventures is seeking an Associate to join its New York City office. This position represents a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing firm and is ideal for someone who is entrepreneurial, self-motivated, competitive, passionate about venture and growth stage investing and excited about interacting with entrepreneurs and leading VC funds.
The Associate will serve a critical role in working closely with the fund’s partners to originate, research, analyze, structure and close investment opportunities. The associate will also work with management teams of the fund’s portfolio companies on diverse value add initiatives.
We are accepting applications from candidates who are in their final year of university studies (with relevant internship experience) or with up to 1 year of work experience for a Summer 2021 start.
The Investment Associate’s role requires dedication, confidence, hard work, qualitative & associative skills and a genuine interest in the enterprise technology industry. To be successful at their job, an investment associate should have/be:
– Intellectual curiosity and passion for technology/entrepreneurship/VC industry
– The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
– Solid business acumen and an understanding of accounting principles
– Fast learner with the ability to research and pick-up new concepts quickly
– Driven to lead investment deals from sourcing to closing
– Comfortable interacting with executives of portfolio/prospective companies
– Strong academic record with proven experience/extracurricular achievements
– Fluent in English, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
– Financial modeling and analysis experience
– Relevant experience in a VC/PE fund, investment bank or enterprise software start-up
Benefits of the Associate Position:
– Opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment
– Work directly alongside the firm’s partners while collaborating with your team members
– High degree of autonomy and responsibility in driving investment opportunities
– Opportunity to build a personal network of entrepreneurs and investment professionals
– Exposure to all aspects of VC operations including fundraising, LP and fund management
– Build deep understanding of the enterprise software space across various verticals
Please send resumes to email@example.com.