Blue Meridian Partners is a pioneering philanthropic model for finding and funding scalable solutions to the problems that limit economic mobility and trap America’s young people and families in poverty.
We know solutions exist, but even the most promising strategies cannot reach far enough, fast enough without significant, long-term investment. We bring an innovative, investor mindset backed by a decades-long track record to the pursuit of upward economic mobility for individuals and communities. Core to our mission is addressing systemic inequities and the injustices they create. By pooling resources, our Partners can unlock substantial philanthropic capital and invest effectively and efficiently.
Anchored by our carefully tested, performance-based investing approach, Blue Meridian makes strategic, long-term investments across multiple portfolios aimed at boosting economic mobility from cradle to career. We support both nationwide and place-based strategies in order to amplify impact across the country as well as within specific communities. We identify visionary social sector leaders who address key drivers of poverty – including youth unemployment, unplanned pregnancy, and engagement with the criminal justice system – and invest the flexible, upfront capital they need to dream bigger and exponentially expand their reach, influence, and impact.
We are constantly learning, exploring, and seeking out new collaborations in relentless pursuit of creating lasting impact at scale that can change the life trajectories of millions of young people and families in America. Blue Meridian is staffed by an experienced team of results-focused leaders and we welcome other mission-driven champions to join us.
Reporting primarily to a Director, the Associate will work closely with the Investor Relations team to support their ongoing work. The Associate will assist in the preparation of partner engagement and development collateral and other materials including portfolio presentations, and track partner related information. The Associate will also support governance activities including material production and logistics for board and partner (investor) meetings.
Full time exempt
Remote, New York City preferred
For consideration, please submit a thoughtful cover letter discussing what attracts you specifically to Blue Meridian’s mission and resume detailing your relevant experiences.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following. With senior team members’ guidance and collaboration, the Associate will:
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of investor presentations, reports and collateral.
· Assist with planning and logistics for all Partner and board calls and meetings.
· Support governance related activities including materials production and logistics for Board and Partner meetings.
· Draft and edit responses to questions and inquiries from current and prospective Partners.
· Perform research and analysis to support Partner engagement strategy and outreach.
· Track meetings and correspondence in the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
· Support the production and maintenance of Partner reports.
· Take high quality notes for key meetings.
· Aligned with Blue Meridian’s mission and core values, including a commitment to racial equity.
· At least 2 years of professional experience and a bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience required. Experience in an investor relations, strategy consulting, or related role desirable.
· Strong interpersonal skills with a professional and genial demeanor, and the ability to work with people with different backgrounds and experiences.
· Strong analytical skills and facility in quantitative and qualitative methods.
· Experience working with complex, high-growth organizations.
· Excellent project management skills, strong attention to detail, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Demonstrated previous experience creating visually appealing PowerPoint presentations for a wide array of audiences.
· Sound judgment and discretion.
· Results-oriented and delivery focused; able to produce high quality work quickly and independently.
· Strong computer skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability to master new software quickly. Experience with customer relationship management system (CRM) highly desirable.
· Comfort level with working independently and as part of a collaborative team via a remote working structure, ability to participate in ongoing Zoom calls.
· Willing to travel as needed (once safe to do so).
Blue Meridian Partners is committed to equal employment opportunity, without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, prior record of arrest or conviction, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. These opportunities include all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including (but not limited to) recruiting, hiring, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, and termination.
 This position description is a guide to the primary duties and functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands, and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and may be revised to meet the changing needs of Blue Meridian Partners at the sole discretion of management.