This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters – to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities. BNSF Logistics is a place where diverse talent works together every day in an inclusive way to create and implement the best ideas to help us DELIVER WHAT MATTERS. We achieve this through our commitment to our Guiding Principles which helps us create the ultimate competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We PROTECT THE WELL-BEING OF OURSELVES AND OTHERS
We DRIVE INNOVATION AND EMBRACE TRANSFORMATION
We RESPECT AND SERVE EVERYONE
We KEEP OUR COMMITMENTS
We FOSTER A COLLABORATIVE AND INCLUSIVE COMMUNITY
We CELEBRATE AND ENJOY THE JOURNEY!
BNSF Logistics is a technology and people-driven third-party logistics company that delivers what matters – to our people, our customers, our carriers, and our communities.
The OTR Operations intern will be part of the Northeast operations team within our Over the Road (OTR) department during the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and this experience will help you grow both professionally and personally.
The OTR Operations Intern will work from our Versailles, Ohio office and will take part in daily activities as part of the carrier sales team for the Northeast operations region. Daily activities will include:
- Input carrier capacity in our proprietary system to inquire and document carrier’s available capacity to match Company’s freight needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the carrier operations team.
- Prospect for new carriers through cold calling.
- Negotiate beyond price to demonstrate value for the carrier.
- Work with network sales to source loads for their available capacity.
- Resolving issues that might arise concerning covered freight in collaboration with Customer Service.
- Currently pursuing a degree in business, sales, supply chain or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to interact with internal and external customers
- A high level of interest in learning and desire for coaching
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be perform duties outside of normal requirements from time to time.
BNSF Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.