Dudley Promise Corps
AmeriCorps Service Year
Apply Today! We are now accepting applications on a rolling basis as availability in the cohort allows. If you are interested, we encourage you to submit a complete application ASAP!
As a Dudley Promise Corps fellow you’ll provide targeted academic support including 1:1 and small group tutoring. You’ll be embedded in classrooms to provide small group instructional support, target individual students to provide extra support on a regular basis, and provide push-in support.
- Provide targeted academic support in a range of subjects (english, math, science, history, etc.).
- Be embedded into classrooms to provide small group instruction
- Work with individual students to provide extra support on a regular basis
- Support partner teacher in lesson plan implementation
- Interpersonal relationship-building with students, teachers, school-staff
- Support partner teacher in lesson plan development
- Monitor and support student attendance
- Free time, recess, and lunch monitoring support
*To learn more about the specific roles & responsibilities and training associated with DPC please email as email@example.com or use this Calendly link to schedule a time to speak with a member of our team.
Beyond training, you may be eligible to receive the following benefits:
- Education award ($6,345) upon successful* completion of service
- Health insurance coverage
- Living allowance ($13,883)*
- Access to AmeriCorps service member training through Massachusetts Service Alliance
- Student loan forbearance**
- Food Assistance/SNAP benefit eligibility
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Networking opportunities with community and education leaders
Teamwork & Collaboration
DPC Fellows are part of Dudley Promise Corps (DPC), a full-time, one-year neighborhood-based AmeriCorps service program serving BPE’s Dearborn STEM Academy and Dudley Street School. DPC leverages the power of national service to support students in the Nubian Square area of Roxbury stay on track to attend college and serve as responsible citizens in their community, while simultaneously developing corps members as engaged civic leaders committed to social justice.
As part of the DPC team, you will
- Collaborate with school staff to build whole-school community and a culture that promotes high levels of student engagement and investment
- Support opportunities to expand students’ learning and growth by leading, contributing, and/or developing enrichment programs, school-wide initiatives, and clubs
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our site dudleypromisecorps.org
BPE does not discriminate with regard to race, color, origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion. BPE is committed to seeking qualified applicants with disabilities and can provide reasonable accommodations during the application process and time of service upon request.
*AmeriCorps financial support amounts shown are subject to change. Please contact email@example.com with questions about AmeriCorps financial benefits.
**May be eligible for loan forbearance. For more information, visit this site.