The Boys & Girls Club of Meriden helps to empower youth in our community to make positive life choices that enable them to maximize their potential. The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Specialist candidate will develop and implement STEM curriculum to Meriden’s under-served, at risk, majority minority population with an emphasis on inclusion and confronting issues that bar minority and female populations equal access to these learning opportunities.
- Enrolled in a College Level Degree Program.
- Experience with Ethnic Studies
- Extensive knowledge of STEM programming and curriculum development.
- Background/concentration in DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion).
- Conversant in the basics of Robotics, drone assemblage and program coding.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must pass background check prior to employment.
- Develop, implement, and deliver STEM curriculum to underserved youth.
- Light clerical/administrative duties.
- Effectively help implement and administer services and activities as assigned.
- Communicate with Educational Director.
- Assist Director with other education related duties.
This position is open to all and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.