Bracebridge Capital, LLC is a leading hedge fund manager with approximately $12 billion of net assets under management. The firm pursues investment strategies primarily within the global fixed income markets with the objectives of capital preservation and absolute return without significant correlation to equity, interest rate and foreign exchange markets. Established in 1994, Bracebridge manages private investment funds that serve endowments, foundations, pension funds and other institutional and high-net-worth investors.
Approximately 150 employees operate from our office located in Boston’s historic Back Bay. The entrepreneurial and collaborative culture at Bracebridge rewards and supports motivated, dedicated, enthusiastic and intellectually curious individuals. We believe our firm’s greatest asset is the people who work here.
Summer Analysts will work directly on the trading floor alongside Analysts and Portfolio Managers and gain valuable exposure to various investment product areas such as Emerging Markets, Corporate Credit, Rates and Structured Products. Our summer experience is an opportunity not just to learn, but to contribute as well.
Past Summer Analysts have:
- Implemented a prototype for systematic relative value strategies in sovereign debt
- Statistically determined predictive measurements of prepayment in non-QM RMBS portfolios and the sensitivity of those factors to current mortgage rates
- Engaged in a CMBS data analysis project involving a large proprietary SQL database to look for indicators of default on commercial real estate properties
- Researched and modeled the impact of the imminent transition from LIBOR to new benchmarks on legacy structured product collateral
- Attended a series of presentations given by senior members of the firm to broaden knowledge of all facets of our hedge fund business
Required Skills and Credentials:
- Class of 2026 students with top academic credentials who are pursuing a degree in Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Students pursuing a non-quantitative degree are invited to apply if they have sufficient coursework in quantitative fields
- Strong math, analytical and programming skills
- Keen insight with an interest in pursuing a career in finance upon graduation
- An eagerness to learn about international capital markets, trading strategies and risk analysis