Are you interested in exploring the future of higher education?
Do you want to transform campus libraries, teaching museums, and academic student centers?
Do you want to learn while contributing to a small, dynamic organization?
Are you a quick study who thrives at taking on one challenge after the next, collaborating with colleagues and clients, making sense of disparate information, and creating compelling stories?
Do you have a passion for space planning, service design, and/or design research and strategy?
brightspot is seeking a part-time or full-time intern to support a range of consulting projects and internal research initiatives.
brightspot creates smart strategy that connects people, programs, and places — on campus and online. Together with our clients, we increase student success, improve research support, and enable staff productivity while making institutions more efficient and effective.
What we’re looking for in an intern:
- Currently pursuing a degree in architecture, design strategy, or related field
- Interest and/or experience in user research, environmental psychology, organizational design, or business
- Passion and/or experience with user-centered design and design thinking
Creative thinker and collaborator
- Excellent communication skills and/or interest in storytelling
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong interest in strategy and/or research
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Graphic skills with a strong understanding of Adobe Creative Suite beneficial
- Data analysis/synthesis skills with a strong understanding of Excel beneficial
- Basic web research skills
What you will get from us:
- Work on great projects with interesting and dynamic clients who want to invest in positive changes in the higher education sector
- Shape and conduct research initiatives around the future of higher education, which could include student/user profiles, experience framing, “future of” research, etc.
- Be part of a collaborative team that takes pride in our work, helps each other, and comes to work every day with passion and drive to do our very best
A few more important details:
- This is an academic spring position, which would last through mid-May
- This can be either a part- or full-time position, 15 to 40 hours per week
- This is a paid internship (hourly rate based on level of education)
Please apply online and include a cover letter, resume, and work samples to be considered for this role.
We are looking forward to your application!
brightspot, a Buro Happold Company