Cadmus seeks a Research Analyst to join a team of distributed energy resources (DER) enthusiasts. We support electric utilities, local governments, state and federal agencies, and the private sector on wide range of consulting projects involving electric vehicle infrastructure, decarbonization studies, battery storage, solar, building electrification, equity analysis, and policy analysis. We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who have experience and interest in the strategic electrification and DER sectors.
The Research Analyst will work closely with senior staff to provide strategic planning and analysis, including policy research, qualitative and quantitative market research, evaluation, and other technical assistance related to DER deployment or decarbonization initiatives. The ideal candidate should be detail-oriented, motivated, and capable of creative problem-solving and independent work. The candidate should be able to come up to speed quickly on topics such building electrification, solar, storage, or transportation electrification. Experience working on strategic planning and/or detailed modeling experience is highly valued. The successful candidate is able to work collaboratively, can manage assigned tasks from start to finish with input from supervisors, and has strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
As a Research Analyst on the Distributed Energy Resource (DER) team, you would be responsible for:
- Working independently or with minimal supervision to support research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods;
- Supporting project management in close collaboration with project managers and principals to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables to clients;
- Supporting research tasks, such as interviews, and quantitative analyses that are focused on technical, policy, and/or financial implications of DER technologies;
- Clearly and concisely summarizing analytical results (in Word or PowerPoint), ensuring accuracy of content and adherence to format and other pertinent details;
- Supporting technical assistance requests and providing customer services to government staff, policy-makers, utility clients, and industry representatives;
- Contributing to strategic planning exercises, including presenting results professionally to clients
- Conducting research and analysis across a range of solar, storage, microgrids, EVs and heat pump pilot projects, programs, and policies.
- Contributing to data analytics and modeling exercise, including experience with relational database management