Caine Mitter & Associates Incorporated is a leading municipal advisory firm specializing in capital markets consulting services for the financing of affordable housing by public agencies, the most complicated sector of municipal finance.
· Experience: advised on over 1,900 bond issues totaling over $82 billion since 1978
· Ranking: consistently ranked as the #1 or #2 financial advisor in the housing sector of public finance
· Client base: 27 active clients in 21 states and D.C.
· Innovation: leader in structured finance, private and public resource application, derivative products, and pipeline risk mitigation analytics in the mortgage-backed security and “to-be-announced” markets
· Technology: internally developed financial models and in-house software
· Capital markets exposure: services span every sector of the capital markets relevant to single family and multifamily affordable housing
Caine Mitter is registered as a municipal advisor with the Securities Exchange Commission and the Municipal Securities Rule Making Board. The firm has 18 professionals: 16 work out of the firm’s New York City office in midtown Manhattan, and two have offices in Massachusetts.
Caine Mitter is seeking candidates for an analyst or associate position in its New York City office. Analysts and associates are expected to take on significant responsibility quickly. In return, they are given ample opportunity to rapidly advance their skills in financial modeling, market analysis and business development. Analysts and associates interact directly with clients, national and regional investment banking and broker-dealer firms, national law firms, and the major rating agencies.
Caine Mitter takes pride in developing its professional team. We work closely together to seamlessly deliver a wide range of complex services to housing finance agencies. The learning curve is steep, and it is important that individuals take on responsibility quickly and be comfortable as a member of a close-knit team. Within the first year, analysts and associates will work directly with senior professionals on various projects. While the position is demanding and may require long hours, the firm values work-life balance. For example, work is rarely necessary on weekends. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated individual looking for a fast-paced work environment, where quality of work is rewarded, and success is not limited by job title.
Compensation will be comprised of both salary and bonus. Starting compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience and education. This is a career opportunity with plenty of room for growth in position and earnings.
Candidates should be motivated, resourceful, and hardworking individuals who are eager to learn about capital markets through direct experience. Candidates should have a college degree and strong analytical and communication capabilities. The job is both highly quantitative and qualitative, and candidates with academic and/or professional history demonstrating excellence in such areas will be favored. As on-the-job training will be extensive, there are no specific requirements for college major, academic concentration or previous experience. Our current team includes individuals with a broad range of academic degrees including finance, economics, physics, environmental science and engineering, among others. Candidates should be comfortable working in a small office environment and anticipate significantly contributing to the firm’s activities within the first six months of employment. Candidates are expected to pass the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board’s Series 50 exam.
All applicants must have permanent work authorization in the United States.
You should apply if you…
· enjoy working with numbers
· enjoy problem solving and having the freedom to innovate
· want to make a difference in the community
· want to make a difference at your firm
· are intellectually curious and analytically driven
· are motivated and resourceful
· want to work in a startup-like environment (free lunches!)
· want the stability of a long-standing firm
· want to be part of a team that values contribution over facetime
· want direct industry exposure
· are willing to do what it takes to get the job done
· are a team player
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, disability, familial status, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, actual or perceived sexual orientation, and actual or perceived gender identity or expression.